First impressions are lasting impressions. Downtown Collingwood hired BC Hughes to complete a downtown assessment and formulate recommendations (including action plans) which would help identify and prioritize opportunities related to three main areas:
- Visitor Experiences
- Physical infrastructure
- Brand Validation
The BC Hughes team:
- Photo documented all findings during the site visit
- Extensively reviewed the community CIP, strategic plans, heritage programs, and community tourism studies
- Created downtown evaluation assessment criteria
- Assessed downtown experiences, businesses, streetscaping, wayfinding signage and visitor amenities,
- Highlighted comparable case studies to illustrate examples related to the identified opportunities, and
- Provided step by step action plans for implementation of the visitor experience and brand recommendations.
As a result of the Visitor Experience and Brand Validation Assessment, Downtown Collingwood received researched and detailed recommendations complete with photo documentation, case studies and 20 actionable recommendations directly related to: municipal streetscaping infrastructure projects, customer service, wayfinding/ signage, visitor amenities, animation, parking, business beautification, and downtown branding. These recommendations helped Downtown Collingwood action their visitor experience enhancement plans.